Wade J. Love
- University of Maryland University College, Adelphi, MD. Bachelor of Science in
Computer Information Science, May 2009.
- Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI. Master of Arts in Mathematics, June 1997.
- Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI. Bachelor of Science cum laude in
Secondary Education, with emphases on Mathematics and Physics, April 1995.
Other Formal Training:
- Leadership and Management School, United States Coast Guard Auxiliary (AUXLAMS). Intense,
weekend-long series of seminars emphasizing Situational Leadership and other theories of
leadership. March 2005.
- Wood Badge, Boy Scouts of America. Advanced training for adult Scout volunteers. Six-Day
course covering Project Management, Time Management, Conflict Resolution, Team Building, Goal
Setting, and Leadership. September 2010.
Current Work Experience:
Details of skills and tools used in all prior work and personal projects can be found in my list of projects.
- Software Engineer, Vertafore, East Lansing, MI. December 2017 to present. Design, develop, and maintain
a web-service-based system that assists persons in the Insurance and Securities Industries to apply for
licenses and registrations, maintain regulatory compliance, and submit required disclosures.
Prior Work Experience:
- Software Engineer, Tata Consultancy Services, Milford, OH. July 2009
to August 2017. Developed software solutions and related documentation to meet
clients' business needs. Worked on engagements with clients from banking, manufacturing, and
- District Executive, Hiawatha Seaway Council, Boy Scouts of America, Syracuse, NY. August
2005 to October 2007. Coordinated the functions of Membership, Program, Finance/
Fund-Raising, and Unit Service for all Scouting units in the area of Oswego County,
New York. Provided support and resources to district volunteers. Also included Cub
Scout Camping Business Manager, summer of 2007: Ensured camps had all needed food,
program supplies, and camp store sales items, and maintained the camps' budgets.
- Instructor of Mathematics, Jefferson Community College (State University of New York),
Watertown, NY. August, 2002 to August, 2005. Taught sections of Pre-Calculus,
Intermediate Algebra, Introductory Statistics, and Survey of Math. Created own
syllabus, policy, and assessment. Also involved advising students, and serving
within the college governance system.
- Instructor (Fixed Term II), The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA. August
to December 2000. Taught sections of Finite Math and College Algebra I. Contributed
to departmental syllabus, policy and assessments.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park,
PA. August 1999 to May 2000. Taught sections of Finite Math. Contributed to
departmental syllabus, policy and assessments.
- Adjunct Instructor, Southwestern Michigan College, Dowagiac, MI. August 1998 to May
1999. Taught sections of Pre-calculus, Calculus I, Business Statistics, and Introduction
to Physical Science. Created own syllabus, policy, and assessment.
- Part-time Instructor, Kalamazoo Valley Community College, Kalamazoo, MI. August
1998 to May 1999. Taught sections of Intermediate Algebra, and Business Statistics.
Created own syllabus, policy, and assessment.
- Teacher of Mathematics, Secondary, Department of Defense Dependents Schools, Arlington,
VA. Stationed at the Bahrain School, Juffair, Bahrain. August 1997 to June 1998.
Classroom teacher of mathematics for grades 9 through 12 in an American school
designed primarily for dependents of U.S. Military and U.S. Embassy personnel, but
also including tuition-paying students from 48 nationalities. Taught sections of
Algebra 2 as well as the Math Studies program of the International Baccalaureate. Also
Assistant Varsity Swim Coach and Middle School Swim Coach.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI. August 1995
to June 1997. Taught sections of Computational Skills, Pre-Calculus, Number Concepts
for Elementary Teachers, and Business Statistics. Responsible for daily presentations
and homework only. Also involved serving in a tutoring center.
Community and Volunteer Activities:
- United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, May 2003 to December 2015.
Qualified as Communications
Watch-stander, Public Education Instructor, Vessel Examiner, and Small Boat Coxswain. Served
as Flotilla Commander, Divsion Vice Commander and in multiple staff roles. Received
training in Incident Command System
and the National Incident Management System. Conducted Safety Patrols and executed Search
and Rescue missions, previously in the eastern Lake Ontario region, later along the Ohio
River. See also my USCG Aux resume.
- Training Officer/ Mate (Associate Advisor), Sea Scout Ship Nautilus 717, January 2011 to December 2017:
Assistant to the Skipper (lead advisor) to train youth members in various nautical
skills and in earning awards. See also my Scouting history.
Honors and Awards:
- Best Team of the Quarter, Q1-FY2012, Tata Consultancy Services Cincinnati Delivery Center.
- Auxiliary Operational ("AUXOP") Award, United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, September 2007.
- Award of Operational Excellence, United States Coast Guard Auxiliary. October 2006.
- Distinguished Service Key, Gamma Phi Chapter of Alpha Phi Omega. October 2001.
- A. Bruce Clark Outstanding Senior Award, Honorable Mention, Department of Mathematics and
Statistics, Western Michigan University. April 1994.
- Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society in Education. Inducted February 1994.
- Golden Key National Honor Society. Inducted December 1992.
- Pi Mu Epsilon, National Honor Society in Mathematics. Inducted October 1992.
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America. August 1989.
- Delegate to Michigan American Legion Boys' State. June 1989.